- The Gin School Experience Day starts at 10.00am with coffee.
- Following an introduction to the day, students relax with a G&T, then begin to learn about the process of making gin and are invitied to ask questions.
- Armed with insight, students reveal the botanicals for use in their own gin.
- At 12.00pm, the process of distilling commences. Each student has their own mini-still in which to work.
- At 1.30pm, there is a break for a leisurely lunch and at approximately 2.30pm a tour around our main still (called ‘Victory’).
- By 3.00pm, students begin to bottle and label their own gin and may, if wished, buy a bottle of Nelson’s Gin for comparison.
- The day draws to a natural close.
Unit 5a, Grindley Business Village
Unfortunately, the Sat Nav takes you to a farm just up the road, we are located immediately off the main Stafford Road (A518), look out for an opening with yellow painted pavement curbs, turn into there and follow the road up the hill. We are located at Unit 5a, which is the last unit at the top of the industrial estate.
If you do need any assistance please call Neil Harrison, who will be taking your Gin School on: 07968 294488.
If you wish to bring your own botanicals, please do so.
Finally, we really hope that you enjoy your experience at Nelson’s Gin School and please do let us have any feedback.